Patient's Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient you have the right to:
- Be registered with a named doctor
- Change doctor if desired (but please remember that you may have to see any of the doctors if your need is urgent)
- Receive emergency care
- Receive appropriate drugs and medicines
- Be referred for specialist or second opinion if they and GP agrees
- See your medical records or a copy, subject to certain laws
- Know that by law, everyone working for the NHS must keep the contents of your medical records private.
With these rights come responsibilities for the public. That means being:
- Courteous to staff at all times
- As prompt as possible for all appointments
- Responsible for cancelling appointments in adequate time.
Policy on Violent or Abusive Patients
We aim to treat our patients courteously at all times and expect our patients to treat our staff in a similarly respectful way. We take seriously any threatening, abusive or violent behaviour against any of our staff or patients. If a patient is violent or abusive, they will be warned to stop their behaviour. If they persist, we may exercise our right to take action to have them removed, immediately if necessary, from our list of patients.
Comments or Suggestions
We welcome comments and suggestions from patients about how we can improve our services. Wherever possible comments and suggestions should be made in writing to Denise Robinson, Practice Manager. Should you wish to discuss any matter please feel free to speak to Dr Ahmed or Denise Robinson.